November 21, 2013

bethanyactually: noirbettie: zebrabelly: bethanyactually: Nex...





































bethanyactually:



noirbettie:



zebrabelly:



bethanyactually:



Next time someone starts to tell me a blond joke starting with, “How do you confuse a blonde?” I’m totally going to answer, “IS THIS A CHALLENGE?”


Also, why do I want to spell it “blond” when I’m using it to describe “joke,” but “blonde” when I’m using it as a noun!?



Well, the e makes it feminine, right? And everyone knows boys are jokes and girls are nouns.



If I recall correctly, blond describes the hair color and blonde describes the person with the hair color. Also, these are FANTASTIC.



Bonnie and Annika are both right, as it turns out! According to Grammar Girl:

The word comes to English from French, where it has masculine and feminine forms. As an English noun, it kept those two forms; thus, a blond is a fair-haired male, and a blonde is a fair-haired female.


When you’re using the word as an adjective, “blond” is the more common spelling and can be used for males or females; however, “blonde” can also be used to describe a woman or girl with fair hair.



It’s good to know my grammar instincts were on the money. And that I have smart friends.



via Tumblr http://sarkasmo.tumblr.com/post/67639158971